Host countries that may propose a project and request support from an Air Quality Fellows include: Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, South Africa, Tajikistan, Thailand, Uganda, and Vietnam.
Priority Technical areas where Air Quality Fellows are expected to provide technical support to host governments include development, deployment, or improvement of:
- Air quality monitoring networks
- Emissions inventories
- Air quality modeling and forecasting
- Air quality planning
- Ambient air quality standards
- Regulations for specific industrial sectors, mobile sources, and area sources
- Air pollution control systems and emissions monitoring systems
- Permits and permitting systems
- Compliance and enforcement of air quality regulations
- Data management and quality assurance
Priority pollutants to be addressed and reduced include fine particulate matter (PM2.5) and ozone precursors (NOx, VOCs, CO).